[debian] xfce and xglamo

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Sat Mar 7 21:25:57 CET 2009

Hi all,

today again i tried to use xglamo instead of fbdev as x11 driver.
I used the description in the wiki from [1]. Now with the -dpi 96 option
on the first look the desktop looks the same like with fbdev but it
feels a bit more responsive and faster. :)
I also edited my ~/.xsession and put "export GTK_MODULES=libgtkstylus.so
&" in it how it is described at [2] to get a right click.

One minor problem i encountered so far is that i can't produce a right
click. But i must admit that i even don't know how to do the right click
with libgtkstylus. With the tslib patch from Sebastian Ohl i just had to
tap >0.5s on the same spot to activate right click, but this didn't work
with libgtkstylus.
I also don't know which settings in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file are
correct for libgtkstylus to work. At the moment i got [3] in the Section
"InputDevice". The wiki page doesn't say anything about these two
settings for libgktstylus. Only for tslib patch the settings are specified.
So is there any way to do the right click or is the info in the wiki
just wrong and it doesn't work?

The second problem (which is the real blocker) is that some programs use
a way too large font. It is so huge that i can't use them. Interestingly
some other programs use the right font size. So maybe i have to install
some fonts or change some settings so all programs use the right size.
Does somebody know how to solve this font problem?

I searched the mailinglist but can't find (or overlooked) an answer to this.

Ciao,
     Rainer

[1]
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian#Xglamo_acceleration

[2]
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian#With_Xglamo_driver_from_xserver-xglamo

[3]
Option "TslibDevice" "/dev/input/event1"
#Option "EmulateRightButton" "1"