Pulster fixe(s) / adding caps for bass

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Sun Mar 8 13:28:35 CET 2009

Hash: SHA1

Somebody in the thread at some point said:

|> Lifting the can and meddling with the caps is nontrivial.  Somebody did
|> give this plan a go on the list about 6 months ago and reported some
|> success though.  But I don't recommend considering it unless you are in
|> an experimental frame of mind and can deal with the fiddling and risk
|> involved.
| I understand that it won't be trivial. Maybe not for me. But if openmoko
| creates a standard procedure for this improvement too, then I can have
| an electronic repair shop do everything in one go - both buzz and bass
| fixes. That will cost me less than having the fixes done separately,
| even if both fixes together may cost a bit more than buzz only. I hope
| to ship the phone only once, the repair guy will need to open it only
| once...

I did this rework thismorning just to see how possible it is.  I wrote
up the following document about it


but this isn't intended to be any official story, just something for
people to try at their own risk.  Don't go near it unless you're
confident you can handle the rework listed in there.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org


More information about the community mailing list