USB headset detection (Was: Pulster fixe(s) and rework)

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sun Mar 8 22:09:28 CET 2009

https://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Specialized_USB_cables#How_to_make_a_USB_cable_for_powering_attached_USB_devices_and_charging_the_Neo_while_in_host_mode_.28aka_Y-Cable.29

> Anyway, some setup will be necessary, right? A usb headset headset will
> be a completely new sound device. Can the phone detect it when it gets
> plugged in, and then do all the configuration? So the sound player will
> "just work" Or will we have to go into the settings and change between
> host and device mode each time the phone is switched between usb headset
> and pc connection? :-/

   1. Charger (maybe with Y-cable) connected. Detected by 47 kOhm seen on ID
   pin. Set USB mode to host and turn off USB power supply.

   2. USB headset connected. Detected by ? Set USB mode to host and turn on
   USB power supply.

   3. USB host connected. Detected by ? Set USB mode to device and turn off
   USB power supply.

   As to automatically rerouting the audio on USB headset insertion and
removal, see pulseaudio.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen