USB headset detection (Was: Pulster fixe(s) and rework)

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at
Sun Mar 8 22:09:28 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 10:29:52AM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:
> Esben Stien wrote:
> > Stefan Monnier <monnier at> writes:
> >
> >> (if I could use it as an MP3 player, I'd carry it with me that much
> >> more often
> >
> > Until a fix, you can plug in a USB headset;).
> Won't that rule out simultanous charging with the usb car charger?

> Anyway, some setup will be necessary, right? A usb headset headset will
> be a completely new sound device. Can the phone detect it when it gets
> plugged in, and then do all the configuration? So the sound player will
> "just work" Or will we have to go into the settings and change between
> host and device mode each time the phone is switched between usb headset
> and pc connection? :-/

   1. Charger (maybe with Y-cable) connected. Detected by 47 kOhm seen on ID
   pin. Set USB mode to host and turn off USB power supply.

   2. USB headset connected. Detected by ? Set USB mode to host and turn on
   USB power supply.

   3. USB host connected. Detected by ? Set USB mode to device and turn off
   USB power supply.

   As to automatically rerouting the audio on USB headset insertion and
removal, see pulseaudio.

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen