Flashing GSM firmware

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 08:12:09 CET 2009

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask at sygehus.dk> writes:
>    I did need two power off/on cycles between the two fluid invocations,
> though.

I found by experimentation that with -od13,13 fluid was able to
connect to the bootloader every time i tried power-cycling. But yes,
without it it's like 1 out of 20 when it fails.

> I did not use "s3c24xx-gpio b7=0" as according to the schematics,
> pin GPIOB7 is just the MODEM_ON signal.

And that MODEM_ON is a push-button (literally). Looks like every time
it's "pressed" for like 200ms the modem restarts (or starts if it
wasn't powered before). "Pressing" is transition from b7=0 to
b7=1. BTW, modem reset line is not connected on GTA02.

With any new kernel all that gpio pmu tricks are not necessary anymore
(at least on GTA02) as it reliably powers off/on the modem if you use
sysfs interface.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com