How to use other applications with Paroli fullscreen?

Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes gunnar.grimnes at
Mon Mar 9 11:36:38 CET 2009

> To be honest, my heart fell when I read the very beginning of the
> Paroli website: "In a few words one could say: paroli is a new
> approach to application development on the openmoko phones."  My
> reaction to that?  "Good grief, that's exactly what we DON'T need."
> In other words, a new approach is exactly what we don't need - and
> especially a new approach that shuts out all previous approaches.

Indeed. I was also very sceptical when first reading about FSO - as in
"we will make a new framework for mobile computing in linux that will
run on all devices" ... however, for FSO they seem to have pulled it
off. Somehow.

For Paroli I am yet to be convinced that they have not falled prey to:

> To make a constructive suggestion: I wonder what the official Openmoko
> view is of SHR Testing?  I think it's pretty good, so

SHR-Testing uses Zhone?

Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes
gunnar.grimnes [AT]

Knowledge Management