Another attempt at speeding up yaouh, with persistent connections

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Mon Mar 9 11:42:12 CET 2009

Al Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 06 March 2009, Helge Hafting wrote:
>> Al Johnson wrote:
>>> No porting needed - pycurl is in OE.
>>>
>>> bitbake python-pycurl
>> I haven't yet set up any development tools, which is why I worked on a
>> python program. Is there an ipk/opk file, or at least something that can
>> be installed with tar?
>
> http://openmoko.truebox.co.uk/repos/mazikeen/fso-milestone5/ipk/armv4t/
>
> I've a little housekeeping (and a lot of upload time) to do before it's a full
> repository, but individual python packages are there at the moment.

Thanks a lot! Downloading individual packages is fine with me.
I'll see what I can do - pycurl will let me do the entire version check
and upgrade through one or a handful persistent connections, that will
remove delays that currently happen with small map subdirectories.

Filling the network bandwith should be easy then, unless md5
calculations become the new limit. But that can be handled by storing
the md5sums, so they only need to be calculated for new/updated files.

Helge Hafting