SD Card read/write errors and NSOD

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at
Mon Mar 9 15:40:35 CET 2009

I'm experiencing read/write error on my 8GB SD card Kingston C08G SDC4/8GB
07 (wiki reports this card shoud work!) with 2.6.28 shr-testing kernel and
with 2.6.24 from 2008.12, followed some times by NSOD (Noise Screen of

This does not happen when GSM is off.

I found a similiar problem on ,
the difference is that I have the problem with 2.6.24 kernel too! (I
followed the suggestion to down the glamo clock and the slow memory without

Before updating the ticket with my details I'd like to know if there is
kernel version suited to test this better, and have community feedback to
know it this problem affects ather peoples too.

Steps to reproduce:

ssh to freerunner and type:

while true
 if=/dev/zero of=/path/to/sd/somefile bs=1024 count=10

while the script is running, operating GSM (call,sms, etc.) randomly
reproduces the problem.