SanDisk SDHC, "Read-only file system" during Yaouh! update

Yoann ARNAUD yarnaud at crans.org
Mon Mar 9 16:34:25 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to use Yaouh! in order to update my tangogps tiles.

The problem is that my SD card (SanDisk 4Gb), becomes read-only, maybe
because of a lot of writting/reading access. Yaouh! doesn't crash but
actually it doesn't write the downloaded tiles on the file system.

Has everyone experienced such a problem with microSD cards ? Does it
comes from kernel or the card itself ? Should I buy an other microSD
card to solve that ? :)

I can easily reproduce that bug:

- ssh to opemoko in /media/card and execute :

while true
do
sleep 1 && touch test
done

- start Yaouh! and during the "counting tiles" operation, my later
script says :

touch: test: Read-only file system

- dmesg says :

FAT: Filesystem panic (dev mmcblk0p1)
    fat_get_cluster: invalid cluster chain (i_pos 0)
    File system has been set read-only

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
Yoann.