Newbie questions

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 18:16:24 CET 2009

On Monday 09 March 2009, Mile Davidovic wrote:
> Hello
> What about CSD or data call?
>
> What is best way to enable CSD functionality?

That'll depend on which distro you're using as they mediate access to the GSM
modem differently.

2008.x uses QtExtended but I can't give you any pointers as to how it works
beyond that.

For distros using the freesmartphone.org dbus API you can use
org.freesmartphone.GSM.MUX.AllocChannel to get a virtual tty, then use pppd to
make your CSD connection over that tty as normal. Remember to free the channel
after the connection is terminated. That's the theory anyway - I haven't
actually tried it! See docs.freesmartphone.org for invocation details.

There may be a case for extending the API to include
org.freesmartphone.GSM.CSD as well as the existing PDP coverage.