Navit is not finding current position

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at
Mon Mar 9 21:08:48 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Christ van Willegen
<cvwillegen at> wrote:
>> Any hint on this?
>> What am I doing wrong?
> If you run Navit from the terminal, it may tell you...
> In my case, it seems that the libgps installed on my system is too new.
> I haven't figured out how to solve this yet, but I'll let you know if
> I find out.

I got Navit to work doing the following
- Drop to a shell prompt on the FreeRunner (or use ssh to connect)
- cd /usr/lib
- ln -s

This makes Navit think that is installed.

Note: This may work for Navit for now, but may break other programs.

Christ van Willegen
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0