Predictive text input for Openmoko

Francis Tyers ftyers at prompsit.com
Mon Mar 9 23:46:45 CET 2009

Hello,

I was recommended to write to this list by PaulFert` from the #openmoko
IRC channel.

I'm interested in predictive text input for mobile phones, and came
across Openmoko. I asked in the IRC channel and was pointed towards the
Illume keyboard.

This looks something like what I was thinking of, although it does error
correction, not prediction, but that is much of a muchness.

Basically, I'm wondering how I might be able to contribute dictionaries
and / or word statistics to help expand the number of supported
dictionaries. I'm mainly interested in Breton and Welsh, but have
surface form dictionaries (in the form of morphological analysers[1])
for a number of other "lesser used" languages.

Any information or pointers to documentation would be gladly received.

Regards,

Francis Tyers

1. Under GPL licence. http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/List_of_dictionaries