Siglaunchd , dbus and scan the content of incomming SMS

kimaidou kimaidou at
Tue Mar 10 18:19:32 CET 2009

Hi lists,

I am using *siglaunchd* tool ( 1) . It is a great tool. I already set up
some actions (2) wich improve a lot my openmoko usability (nb: the code is
in italic in this email)

I need your help to trigger the following actions :

* Do an action when receiving a sms containing e.G "mypasswd". For now, I
*#on incomming SMS
"DISPLAY=:0.0 echo "test" >

--> It does not react (no file created) + it lacks content reading

* Store each phonenumber for each incomming call (just for testing). For
now, I can do
*#on incomming call from 0000000000
"DISPLAY=:0.0 echo $(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S) >

--> pbm here : I do not know how to put the phone number in my "echo"

* Change profile from "default" to "silent" when the phone is for example
face down on a table
--> anyway to do this with dbus ?

Well, I think this capacity of dbus is a huge space to conquer (for me). We
are only limited by our imagination :D  Openmoko is great !
Anyway, thanks in advance

(2) Here is my /home/root/.siglaunchd.conf  (Caution, I am running SHR, last
testing )

*#AUX moyen --> dialer

#AUX long --> terminal

#POWER moyen --> shortom
"DISPLAY=:0.0 PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/shortom
arg[1]=released, arg[2]>0, arg[2]<2

#POWER long --> shr-settings
arg[1]=released, arg[2]>1*