Illume - Command line to display the keyboard ?

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Wed Mar 11 04:53:53 CET 2009

kimaidou wrote:
> I am running SHR testing, and I am trying to display the keyboard with a
> very short press on AUX (like under Hackable:1). To map the keys, I use
> illume configuration : Input > Key binding. I have not found with google
> and wiki search how to display the keyboard, such as when clicking on
> the icon "qwerty".

The illume keyboard supports the matchbox protocol that works over x11
xevents, that's why I've written this small c program [1] that basically
sends the "_MB_IM_INVOKER_COMMAND" x-atom that can control the illume
(and matchbox) keyboard.

You can try this binary too, simply run "illume-kbd-show" to show the
keyboard it and "illume-kbd-show -k" to hide it.

Using that code as base we could also use the ecore_x keyboard atoms
(_E_VIRTUAL_KEYBOARD*) to select the keyboard to be used and so on...

[1] http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/openmoko/illume-kbd-show.c
[2] http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/openmoko/illume-kbd-show

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux