Could you please clarify your opinion on BT audio issues on GTA01

Daniel Willmann daniel at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 11 16:18:49 CET 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:36:35 +0300
Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the message[1] you say that "bluetooth audio on the gta01 will
> never work, even with that bluetooth alsa state".
>
> Could you please explain what exactly did you mean and what is the
> actual problem? Were you talking about A2DP or SCO? If SCO, was it SCO
> over PCM or HCI? If A2DP, what is the difference between gta01 and
> gta02 in this regard, should it work correctly on gta02 in your
> opinion?

Jan Lübbe has recently made a phone call with a bluetooth headset on
GTA02 and I got A2DP working (though mono) on my GTA01 a while back.
A2DP should just work since you are not going through the Wolfson chip
in any way.
Phone calls via headset is another story and I can't answer that for
GTA01, but I think we didn't change anything in that area from GTA01 to
GTA02.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann