Anyone have ogg support in qt extended 4.4.3 ?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Mar 12 03:43:30 CET 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009, Lorn Potter wrote:

> I think you might have to edit $QPEDIR/etc/mime.types and/or the
> MediaPlayer desktop file to add ogg to the files the mediaplayer can
> recognize. Then run make install again.

I also notice that the tremor Ogg plugin has this:

OggPlugin::OggPlugin():
    d(new OggPluginPrivate)
{
    d->mimeTypes << "audio/ogg+vorbis";
    d->fileExtensions << "ogg";
}

Not being a C++ geek I am not sure how that would need to change to make it
register itself for audio/ogg and .oga files - any clues ?

cheers,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP