date and GPS related questions

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.nl
Thu Mar 12 22:19:05 CET 2009

Hi,

1) I got the date reset to 1970 a few times. I was not paying attention
but I guess this happens when battery is removed, i.e., there's no
battery specific for the clock?

2) Several posts mentioned that GPS could only get the fix if date was
correct, the requirements being within 1 sec precision. However, with
the date/time completely messed up, GPS is getting the fix anyway (and
it's fairly fast, 1 min or so). So, what's up? I'm using SHR unstable
from January. Is the GPS driver (?) being to ignore dates before FR
production, or something else?

3) While using tangoGPS and I enter a building, when I come out, a fix
is not gotten until I reboot FR. Is this a known issue?  any quicker
workaround than rebooting?

4) How can I avoid going into suspend mode? (alternatively, are Power
Mng settings working in recent SHR testing?)

Regards and TIA,
Fernando