[debian] Installing *.ipk/*.opk part 1: Dependencies

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 09:50:27 CET 2009

Hi list

I think also it would be easier and much better to create deb packages. I
think the opkg.org website is a very good portal for the dynamism of the
community. Why not:
* modifiy opkg.org so that for each software, we have 2 text boxes on the
right side (where you copy.cut the installation command) : one for ipk, one
for deb.
* add a "Help developper to package" page in this website, with a tar
containing a foobar application : one for ipk (with ipkg-build), one for
debian (I do not know yet what to use :D )

This way everyone can really have the choice of distribution without lacking
of openmoko oriented softwares.

What do you think ?

Kimaidou