odd mail, pretends to be from openmoko sales dep

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Fri Mar 13 11:28:11 CET 2009

i just received the mail below -- at a first glance it looks like simple
spam, but on a second one it seems to be from om (and no visible snag).
still strikes me as _very_ odd ...

had anyone else such experiences?
om: is this legit? and if so, what's the issue with it?

received mail:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the interest in Openmoko.
Since I have seen you name in the group sales list at the wiki, I was
wondering if you have already received what you intended to buy. If not,
please let me know, so that I can help you processing your order.

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Ailsa Huang
sales dept.