[SHR-Testing] Slow response when answering a call

Dylan Reilly dreilly at atariland.net
Fri Mar 13 19:43:50 CET 2009

1) Create a .desktop file for your script (e.g., /home/root/fix-e.desktop).
2) Tell E to run that .desktop file on startup by adding its path to
~/.e/e/applications/startup/.order.
echo "/home/root/fix-e.desktop" >> /home/root/.e/e/applications/startup/.order

I am using a script that does not require having a dummy .desktop file
lying around and seems to do the trick:

#!/bin/sh

FILENAME=/usr/share/applications/_fudge.desktop
APP="[Desktop Entry]
Name=fudge
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Comment=Fudge to make enlightenment not take such CPU time.
Exec=/bin/false
Categories=Applications"

echo "$APP" > $FILENAME
sleep 10
rm $FILENAME

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:31 AM, kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I just made up a small script here :
>
> #!/bin/sh
> cp /usr/share/applications/openmoko-dialer.desktop
> /tmp/openmoko-dialer.desktop
> sleep 5
> cp /tmp/openmoko-dialer.desktop
> /usr/share/applications/openmoko-dialer.desktop
>
> Is it ok ? If so, how can automatically load it after startup ? For now, I
> am loading it with shortom.
>
> Kimaidou
>
> 2009/3/13 Cameron Frazier <frazier.cameron at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 22:07 -0500, The Digital Pioneer wrote:
>> > Well, that was almost more than I had dared hope for! This begs the
>> > question, how best to I set it up to run a script as soon as the GUI
>> > is done loading? It would probably be best to put a "sleep 5" or so at
>> > the beginning, but I'd rather have it run after E is initialized.
>>
>> I too agree, having this voodoo incanted shortly after e init would be
>> rather handy.
>>
>> I just tried it, and the delay dropped to only a second or two total, so
>> a vast improvement.  I suppose it will get better when the framework
>> moves to a compiled language for FSO M6 (IIRC).
>>
>> Thanks for the info guys,
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Cameron

Dylan Maxwell Reilly