[QtExtended] qtextended and 2.6.28

HouYu Li karadog at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 14:51:37 CET 2009

Hi Franky
I am always having the idea of moving qt extended to kernel 2.6.28 in my
mind. But before that we should have a stable platform with almost perfect
functions like calls, messages, reliable power management, bluetooth, wifi,
gprs and a good connection configuration tool that does not freeze the
system. Actually some functions already works great such as calls with echo
fix and bluetooth. But a lot of details still need to be fixed. There will
not be so long before we move to kernel 2.6.28.

It's JUST my opinion. We haven't talk about the future of Qt Extended
together. Any idea is welcome. Then I think we should have a plan for the
future.

Thank you

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Franky Van Liedekerke
<liedekef at telenet.be>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw that in the git (http://git.karadog.net/qt-extended-improved.git),
> the patch for 2.6.28 isn't integrated yet, although the patch (see
> http://pastebin.com/m4cf5bb93) seems totally non-intrusive.
> There is a binary available, but that doesn't contain the latest echo
> fix, if I'm correct.
> Does this mean that QtExtended isn't working yet on 2.6.28? Or has apm
> changed on 2.6.28 so that
> http://moko.mwester.net/download/apm-qtopia-v2.tgz isn't valid anymore?
>
> I'm asking this because I thought there were many suspend/resume/modem
> fixes in 2.6.28, and to get qtextended running on the latest/best fso
> kernel would be great!
>
> Franky

Best Regards

HouYu Li, Karajan