IRC conversation with Mirko from the Paroli team

Steve " 'dillo" Okay armadilo at roadknightlabs.com
Sat Mar 14 16:13:41 CET 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 22:04 , Jeremy McNaughton wrote:
[...]

> And while I don't know anything about the previous conversations
> between Mirko and Paul, I really hope that I never get dealt with that
> way by anyone with an openmoko.com email account.  Nobody's perfect
> and I don't want to single Mirko out, but the conversation in the
> above IRC logs are less than stellar.

I would take some of that as possibly a language issue more than
outright rudeness or lack of social skills,
esp. when working on a project that involves people from many
different countries for whom this might be a second
or third language. It's easy to miss or not know subtleties of social
cues or polite forms if you're not a native speaker/writer.

---Steve