[QtExtended] some things

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sun Mar 15 13:54:31 CET 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:26:51 +0800
HouYu Li <karadog at gmail.com> wrote:

> > - upon first boot, you're required to set the time/timezone, but
> > this setting is afterwards ignored and you need to redo this. So, if
> >  possible, this first setting screen should be removed.
>
> We can remove it...

well, either removing or making it work are the options :-)

> > - the power management settings for "plugged in" mention that the
> > phone should suspend when plugged in. This seems illogical. Also
> > upon first boot, suspend doesn't work (when set to suspend after x
> > secs when on battery), upon second boot it does ...
> >  But even then, when plugged in, it suspends (although the battery
> >  icon shows that it is loading, so the software detected that is
> >  plugged in). Hmmm ... tested it again (after putting the improved
> >  echo fix version on it) and the suspends no longer happens.
>

> If you are using build from dashi-x02.karadog.net, then try to
> disable the FSO frameworkd. Just remove the /etc/rc5.d/Sxxframeworkd.
> Then do a reboot.

I am using this version. But the frameworkd is not started in runlevel
5 (in which qtextended is booted), and doesn't seem to be running
either. I took
testing-om-gta02-20090120.uImage.bin
and
qt-extended-4.4.3-rootfs.jffs2
from http://dashi-x02.karadog.net/~lihouyu/qtextended/4.4.3/ (and
afterwards, updated qtextended to the snapshot echo-fix build)

But from what I'm reading at http://moko.mwester.net/qtextended.html,
it seems that apm-qtopia-v2.tgz is not on the image (some fix/script for
gsm suspend/resume). Is this still needed? If so, it should be in the
jffs image ...
Also at mwester, there's mentioning about extra modules that need to be
installed (next to the jffs2 image). Is this needed?
And another thing at mwester,
http://moko.mwester.net/download/qmemoryfile_unix_open_args.patch has a
change that is not in the git. Is this patch relevant or not?

Franky