date and GPS related questions

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.nl
Sun Mar 15 17:14:23 CET 2009

Daniel Willmann wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand completely. I can't see why one wouldn't want
> to set the proper time (maybe with an offset option for people
> notoriously being late so they can set the clock to <real-time> + 5min).
>
> Could you explain some more what you mean by that?

Ok, this might not seem so rational, but it works for me: because I have
to correct the time for several devices (wrist-watch, car, phone, etc),
I just ignore all of those. In a couple of days, they'll be back to the
correct time anyway :). The important point is that all my clocks are
consistently wrong. If FR changes the timezone without me realising it,
then I can be tricked into looking into the right time and wrongly add
up one hour more on it. (it has happend that I fixed one clock and then
get tricked by another - it can happen both under stress or total
relaxation :-)

That's why (consistency) I would prefer to have manual control of time
changes on FR, but I'm starting to feel I'm the nut job here :-)

Regards,
Fernando