[QtExtended] some things

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 16 09:27:57 CET 2009

roguemoko at roguewrt.org wrote:
> Dale Maggee wrote:
> <_insert previous email here_>
>
> With optimism, I have to say qte is rather polished and shows what
> potential can be gleamed from the FR in certain areas.
>
> Optimism aside, I have to agree with Dale on pretty much every point.
> Although 2008.x is actually quite usable at the moment, comparatively.
>
> Lorn, Dale did get personal towards the end but I agree with him in that
> any rational person would admit or agree that improvements need to be
> made. Ignoring, sidestepping and belittling his opinion is only going to
> cause frustration. If you think he is wrong, it takes a simple email to
> ask the people and gain a consensus.
>
> Meanwhile, my FR is currently water logged from a surprise downpour (yay
> for Melbourne, if we're not burning we're drowning). I doubt it will
> boot again, it been drying for a day, I'll leave it for a week and see
> what happens. If it fails to boot, I'm buying an iphone.
>
> I've never ever owned anything apple so don't start ;) I used to play
> logo on a IIe though :)
>
> Looking at the bluish corrosion on the battery terminals ... err ...
> yeah, I think it's gone. It was an abysmal phone but I still feel like
> I've lost a sheep from the flock .... or a gnu from the hurd :)
>
> The Australian component is diminishing quickly :(
>
> Sarton

Thanks for your support. It is clearly completely unacceptable to
sidestep the issues and focus on semantics. burying your head in the
sand doesn't make problems go away.

That's bad news on the FR, although personally I wouldn't be too upset -
you'll now be able to get a real, usable phone. And Personally I'd
recommend blackberry's products over an iphone.

> If you think he is wrong, it takes a simple email to
> ask the people and gain a consensus.

Exactly. but we all know this isn't going to happen - how idiotic would
you feel when the public survey agrees 98% to 2% that your input methods
are absolute shit, especially after you've spent an afternoon defending
your retarded position?

Cheers,
- -Dale