How to record calls

Richard Kralovic riso at om.ksp.sk
Mon Mar 16 11:43:25 CET 2009

>   I was under the impression that audio for calls bypasses the CPU and
> operating system entirely, going straight from the sound chip to the GSM
> chip; if this is the case then such a recording wouldn't be possible.

That's true, but it should be possible to configure alsa mixer settings
in such a way that the GSM audio is routed both to the speaker and to
the ADC converter of the soundcard. It shouldn't be too hard, I guess
you just need to study the mixer settings a bit:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_1973_audio_subsystem
http://people.openmoko.org/joerg/ALSA/doc/WM8753_control_diag.pdf

Greets
	Richard