[SHR-Testing] Slow response when answering a call

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Mon Mar 16 15:45:57 CET 2009

W.Kenworthy wrote:
> I found this is mainly due to enlightenment using too much cpu - a
> workaround was posted a couple of weeks back.
>
> copy a desktop file from /usr/share/applications to /tmp, wait a few
> seconds and copy it back.  Yes, I know it is black magic, but ... it
> works!

Not nearly enough, unfortunately.

This gets rid of some enlightenment cpu wasting, so yes - it responds
somewhat quicker. But while 2-3s beats 8s, it is still not acceptable.

What is so hard about cutting the ringtone in 0.1s or so? The latency
must go. The pythm music player does much better, so this is clearly
possible.

The current phone app works, and that is good. But I am happy I don't
get that many calls a day - the waiting is rather irritating.

Helge Hafting