[QtExtended] some things

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Mon Mar 16 15:55:36 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Dale Maggee <antisol at internode.on.net>wrote:

> Johny Tenfinger wrote:
> > FSO has had PIM (opimd) since milestone5 (but disabled by default).
> > SHR will use it in nearly future.
>
> O RLY?!?
>
> :D
>
> Awesome! So there's progress being made on that front at least, that's
> great to hear! SHR is sounding more and more like it's worth checking out!
>
> And the developers actually read emails in their entirety! ;)
>
> Any Idea how soon "near future" might be? (I know, it's probably hard to
> answer, but even a rough guess would be great... days? weeks? months?).
>
> Thanks for chipping in! This thread has now actually provided me with
> some useful info!
>
> :)
>
> - -Dale

hehe :-)
But anyway, SHR will use it in the near future, but so far, I haven't seen
any commits in the git concerning this part. As long as pim is not in shr,
I'll be sticking with qtextended ... Paroli also uses pim, but it disables
everything else on the phone (you can just do the phone stuff, not reading
docs, playing games, etc ...) So my top 3 distro list goes:

1) QtExtended, for fast response time and pim. Would be nice to see a good
gps app integrated though, and a webbrowser that works :-)
2) SHR (but since there's no pim ...)
3) Paroli (if nothing else is there, I need the pim ...), and paroli is not
yet ready for production use.

Franky