Debian package for pythm Was: [debian] Packaging python apps, f.e. pythm...

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:01:57 CET 2009

Am Monday 16 March 2009 16:51:24 schrieb Timo Juhani Lindfors:
> Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> writes:
> > (pkg-fso for example). To achieve this the requirements to get into
> > pkg-fso shouldn't be too demanding imho.
>
> I thought pkg-fso was a temporary repository for packages that are
> aiming to enter debian. I would be surprised if I got some low-quality
> stuff from there.
>
> > An open repository like opkg.org but accessible directly from apt would
> > be ideal.
>
> I'm afraid that'd have very low quality :-(

Package quality is an issue indeed, but I'd prefer an "open repository" (does
that term already exist?) over packages spread all over the web even if
quality suffers from that. One could improve packages later on and then
include them into pkg-fso/debian.
If people get to know their future favourite software by finding it on $repo
and then go and improve the package so that it can be included in debian,
that would be the way I'd go... (Which implies people knowing that $repo
isn't the final place to go.)

--
Marcel