gvSIG Mobile on Openmoko

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:03:01 CET 2009

Juan Lucas could answer this better than I can, but Jamvm was chosen
as our current favourite java implementation. Of course, you can
always install any java you'd like and change /usr/bin/gvsig to run
java -Xmx40M -cp /u... rather than jamvm -Xmx40M -cp /u...

It works with cacao, for example, just fine; it is noticeably slower,
however, and is far from perfect. I don't know if this would help the
SHR folks - testers would be appreciated :)

Cheers, Joseph