[SHR] Howto configure GPRS

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:24:35 CET 2009

Hi pander,

First, you need to load the ppp modules

echo ppp-generic > /etc/modutils/ppp-generic
update-modules

For me the easiest way to connect and disconnect to my GPRS provider (
mmsbouygtel.com) is to load theses scripts using dbus commands:

To connect (you must chmod +x the script, and replace mygprs_address by
yours, e.g mmsbouygtel.com for me; the x x at the end must be replaced by
login password if you need them.)

#!/bin/sh
mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.PDP.ActivateContext mygprs_address x x

To disconnect, just use (after chmod +x )

#!/bin/sh
#gprsoff
mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.PDP.DeactivateContext