[QtExtended] some things

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 17 04:20:31 CET 2009

Lorn Potter wrote:
> [snip utter nonsense]
>
> and you have just demonstrated your maturity level. Go home, your
> parents want to wash your mouth out with soap.

Haha, says he who repeatedly and persistently refuses to discuss the
issues! Wow, now you can *really* add "hypocrite" to the ever expanding
list on your resume! I mean, sending me a link to nettiquette rules that
you broke first was pretty damn hypocritical, but two entirely
hypocritical emails in one day!

So now the list that goes something along the lines of:

* Highly skilled at evasive responses with no real content
* Able to blatantly lie with a straight face
* Actions are Not influenced by morality or human decency
* Stupid enough to contradict self in public
* Complete Hypocrite.

No, really, I'm gonna write up a couple of letters of recommendation for
you: I'm gonna email the head of Microsoft's HR on your behalf, and I'll
also email the Liberal Party - I hear they're looking for a new leader,
and you're certainly slippery, evasive, and deceitful enough. I'll post
them here for all to see. Hopefully you'll get your dream job as 'chief
bullshit artist' at MS. Although I think you're probably over-qualified.

"I see your lips moving, but all I can hear is 'bullshit bullshit
bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit'..."

For the record, I'm not going anywhere, and long after I've got my
blackberry and kicked your godawful software to the curb where it
belongs, I'll still be replying to your every post on this list with
"Lorn is a bullshit artist, be wary of believing anything he says.
Here's a link to him contradicting himself."

"Utter nonsense", again, including questions which you persist in
ignoring, and discussion of the issues with your shit software which you
 categorically refuse to discuss or even acknowledge exist.

Given that you insist on ignoring the issues at hand:

Wow, I have to give you credit - you certainly are good at completely
ignoring damning evidence and not answering questions directly put to
you multiple times. Ever considered a career in politics? You'd fit in
really well there!

How Long does it take to type your address on your freerunner, using the
methods described...errr...five(?) emails ago? and now, how long does
it take on your PC?

How long did it take you to type up my sample sms on your FR running
QTe? and why did you do that "Many Times", as you claim? seems like
wasted effort to me...

This "useless drivel" Lorn refers to is me demonstrating that Lorn is
either lying or a complete retard. The fact that he refuses to even
acknowledge this and attempted to trim it from all further
correspondence indicates to me that it's malice, not stupidity.

I'll restore this in the vain hope that perhaps he might address it,
rather than ignore it as he has consistently done all afternoon:

I BEG YOUR PARDON?!?!?

Lorn Potter wrote at 12:41pm:
> [...]

Now, we were discussing the predictive keyboard, and you told me that I
"could easily switch to the qwerty keyboard"... which qwerty keyboard
were you referring to, exactly, if not the little qwerty keyboard? There
are only two: the predictive keyboard and the qwerty keyboard. Unless
you're trying to tell me that there's a difference between 'keyboard'
and 'docked keyboard'.

I call "bullshit".

Lorn, you're either completely full of shit, or you have no idea what
the fuck you're talking about. Due to the old adage "never attribute to
malice that which can be explained by stupidity", I'll give you an
opportunity to publicly apologise and explain exactly what the hell
you're on about...

No, it doesn't. You're either a liar or a fucking retard. I lean towards
"Liar".

If you're a liar, you're *also* a fucking retard - when lying, the
non-retard would come up with a *credible* lie, which you're not even
bothering with... Or is it that you're just not clever enough?

I didn't say "Bad", I said "shit", which is worse than bad.

and, Yeah, I can: Watch me: "You've done a shit job."

Regardless of any contact you may or may not have had with the code, or
your contributions or lack thereof to qtopia, you have done a shit job.

Firstly, where's the QTe release that was coming in December? why such
inadequate communication? You've done a shit Job.

Secondly, you've done an absolutely abysmal job today. Refusing to
acknowledge or address my concerns, as far as I'm concerned, means that
you're just a fucking wanker who has no sense of pride in his work, and
would rather pretend that a product is adequate, when it's clearly not,
than even acknowledge it's faults. This is a *SHIT JOB*, and you've done
it. Hence, sing it with me:

*YOU HAVE DONE A SHIT JOB*

See, yet again, you're wrong... I guess nobody should be suprised by
this at this point, because you have such a legacy of being wrong this
afternoon, not to mention deceptive, ignorant, arrogant, immoral, rude,
and stupid. Which is what I'd expect of the complete and utter wanker
you've demonstrated yourself to be this afternoon. All I wanted was
acknowledgment that the problem I described exists. I never said "Fix it
Now", or anything or the sort. I raised an issue with the software,
based on real-world usage, and you effectively told me that it wasn't a
problem, that the problem I'm having is a result of how I'm using it. I
suggested a way that this problem could be fixed, with a very minimal
change, and keep everybody happy, and you failed to even acknowledge
that I had made a suggestion. Instead, you dismissed it offhand by
trying to tell me that I need to use it differently (providing
information which does *not* solve the issue I raised), demonstrating
your contempt for the process of user-feedback and a complete lack of
professionalism. Other people agreed with me, and still you have
categorically refused to acknowledge the problem, or even to perform the
tests I have provided in order to demonstrate it. You have not directly
answered one single question I have posed to you with relation to the
issues I raised, preferring to avoid actually discussing the issue by
instead focusing on my choice of words.

Basically, you're:

a) Full of shit: Deceptive and evasive.
b) Quite stupid to think I would swallow the shit you're trying to feed me
c) Incompetent. A developer worth his salt would acknowledge the issue
and at least consider ways of dealing with it, rather than trying to
bury his head in the sand
d) Unsuited to be in a public-facing role, as you clearly lack the
decorum to respond adequately to criticism. Sarton even pointed this out
to you, and still you proceeded to respond inappropriately. In addition,
sending such unprofessional emails from your company address might have
been a really, really, really bad thing for you to do - are you
representing the company here? Does Trolltech / QT / Nokia / whatever
you're calling yourselves these days also take the "That's not a problem
because I say so" approach? If so, I'll have to remember to avoid them
at all costs in all my future endeavours.