List of OpenMoko distributions

Steve " 'dillo" Okay armadilo at gothpunk.com
Tue Mar 17 16:26:07 CET 2009

On Mar 17, 2009, at 07:40 , Yorick Moko wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Ron K. Jeffries
> <rjeffries at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Q1: Where does one find a list of all current OpenMoko distributions?
>
> look on the wiki, the link is on the mainpage:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Distributions
>
>> Q2: Is there an effort to make one of these distributions THE
>> production
>> version that ships on new phones after some date?  Is that date
>> established
>> or up in the air?
> yes: FSO + paroli seems to be what OM is going for
>
>> Q3: if one orders a Freerunner today, what code does it ship with?
> not sure, but i think 2008.12

Actually, if you look at the "Distributions" link quoted above, the
first sentence of "Choosing a Distribution" says:
"Official/current. As of December 2008, the phones ship with Om
2007.2. It is not supported by Openmoko Inc. anymore. The branch
currently supported by Openmoko Inc. is Om 2008.12 Update, which is
the second minor upgrade of Om 2008.8 (the version formerly named ASU)."

I can confirm that as of 1/31/09 (when I bought my GTA02 AKA
FreeRunner AKA FR) this is still correct.
I would expect a newly purchased FreeRunner to have either 2007.2 or
2008.12 depending on how quickly your vendor works through its
backstock.

---Steve