GPS emergency call standards

Steve " 'dillo" Okay armadilo at gothpunk.com
Tue Mar 17 16:34:57 CET 2009

On Mar 17, 2009, at 07:57 , arne anka wrote:

>> Well it can go either way. Many costs are made when reacting to false
>> calls and less resources are available for serious calls.
>
> well, it fits the wet dreams of germany's current top terrorists
> hunter
> (register everyone who buys a sim card) -- and there are no numbers
> mentioned of abuse.

That would explain why I had such problems getting a SIM card during
my recent trip to
Europe. I knew it was some sort of overreaction like that.
  *sigh*.
Your government learns too well from ours :)
The one good thing that came out of the whole mess was that it
pointed out that the majority of
my SIM problems during the trip were political/bureaucratic and not
due to an intrinsic problem with the FR.

-----Steve