Hardware mumble

Will Siddall will.siddall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:40:05 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Yogiz <yogizz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really think that rather then working on GTA03, the openmoko team
> should iron out all the little bugs and make sure there is software
> available, that makes the phone rock-solid. If not, then I don't see
> anyone, who would like to buy the new phone. All the geeks already have
> GTA02 and all the rest don't want an unstable platform.

This may be true, but with the amount of people within the community
working on more and more stable versions of the software to go onto
the phone, it's only advantageous for Openmoko to focus more on a
stable hardware platform.  Yes, I'm sure they know about the echo
problem, and the buzzing and all of the little quirks that have come
up.  But how are they going to sell a truly stable phone without
building a newer one?  We can't just keep applying fix after fix to
the phone, eventually, the phone will run out of room and a new phone
will be required.
Personally, I can't wait for GTA03 to come out.  Any design aspects
that could be revealed would be a great little teaser, but just the
fact that they are working on a better phone, I'm happy with tinkering
with the software on my end.