[QtExtended] some things

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 17 23:31:30 CET 2009

roguemoko at roguewrt.org wrote:
> Dale Maggee wrote:
>> This discussion *is* actually leading somewhere, though: Lorn is
>> digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself.
>
> And I'm amazed he hasn't just given up and said something like "OK,
> you're right but I'm not going to do anything about it".
> If not only for appearances! To debates someone's opinion, especially
> when you _know_ their position is firm, is just ludicrous and even more
> so when the case put forward is completely valid.

Yeah, it's kinda scary. If Lorn had simply acknowledged the issue as
valid, this debate would have been over at least 24 hours and 100,000
words ago. Instead, He's managed to initiate a flame war.

But then, I don't know if he knows that my position is valid, really - I
don't think he's actually reading my emails. If he was, surely by now he
would have just run the experiment I asked and reported the times...
surely that's easier than consistently ignoring a question I have
directly asked five times now... but no. As far as I'm concerned there
are two possible reasons for this: He's either not really reading my
emails, or he's trying to provoke me. If he's out to provoke me, then
mission accomplished. This is not something I would choose to do from my
work email address, though.

> Besides contributing to a conversation no company in their right mind
> would approve of.

Yeah. Sending that kind of crap from his company address, and signing it
with a company signature is really scary - is he providing Trolltech /
Nokia's official position with regards to this? he is their official
representative on this mailing list...

Coincidentally enough, minutes after I finished typing up my complaint
to Nokia yesterday, I saw a slashdot article come up on my RSS reader:
"Nokia to slash 1700 jobs"...

> Speaking of which, you mustn't work for Hutchison ... or you would have
> run into plenty of Lorns by now :).

Nope. I don't usually run into these guys that often, perhaps they hear
me coming and scatter like the cockroaches they are.

When I do run into them, I tend to just bulldoze over them by
demonstrating their incompetence. Which is what it boils down to, really
- - Lorn is obviously incompetent to do the job he's doing, or pretending
to do. People like these don't deserve employment, certainly not in a
technical field. As far as I'm concerned, Lorn isn't even qualified to
serve me burgers at McDonalds - you need to provide a public face for
that too.

- -Dale