Freerunner ships with unsupported release? Why?

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Wed Mar 18 09:28:52 CET 2009

		On Wednesday 18 March 2009 03:52:51 Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
		> The Wiki says, in part:
		>  Choosing a distribution Official/current. As of December 2008, the phones
		> ship with Om 2007.2 <http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2007.2>.
		> It is not supported by Openmoko Inc. anymore. The branch currently
		> supported by Openmoko Inc. is Om 2008.12
		> <http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2008.12_Update>
		>
		> ~~~~~~~~~~
		> I'm puzzled why OpenMoko ships phones with a distribution
		> that's no longer supported.
		>
		> ---
		> Ron K. Jeffries

		A friend of mine received his revA6 Freerunner in January and afaik it was
		shipped wirth Om2008.x. Because of the boot time I believe it was 2008.12 but
		I haven't seen it myself... He just told me about the black illume theme.

If he didnt tell you about the initial harsh ping, then for sure it wasn't Om 2007.x ;-)

regards
Juan Lucas