Fennec Beta 1 Released

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at ansol.org
Wed Mar 18 20:36:04 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:27:58AM -0800, Ben Hussey wrote:
> I can't wait to see how this is on the Freerunner.  I tried a version
> some months ago, but it was to slow to be worthwhile.  It sounds like
> there are a lot of speedups in this version.
>
> http://blog.pavlov.net/2009/03/17/fennec-1-beta-1/
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/fennec/1.0b1/releasenotes/

Does it have a sane compile process already? Or is it still the hell on
drugs that I last saw (which was fairly recent)?

For what I see, it's much better to work on midori's UI, making a
midori-moko package or going further down and just making a simple UI
with webkit and others (but maybe it's more work than worth it).

Don't "claim" I'm wrong, prove it! A decent build process example:

	./configure
	make
	make install

An acceptable one could be:

	edit a configuration file
	make install

Rui

--
This statement is false.
Today is Boomtime, the 4th day of Discord in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?