[qtextended] a wishlist

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Wed Mar 18 21:44:21 CET 2009

On 19/03/2009, at 6:14 AM, Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hereby some missing things that should get (fixed) in qtextended (or
> call it a wishlist I you like):
>
> 1) mp3 support
> on the openmoko wiki http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qt_Extended_4.4.3,
> I found the following link for libmad and qtextended:
> http://radagast.bglug.ca/openmoko/qt-extended-4.4.3-libmad.tar.gz
> Is this patch still valid?

Yes. Not sure about that patch, but libmad and the libmad plugin can
be gotten from qtextended.org
Its been there for a while.

> 2) some kind of working gps support
>   See http://www.onkelinx.com/qtopia.on.neo/?page_id=4
>   or navit, tangogps, ... ?

There already is, and specific to the Neo. Use whereabouts example
application. If someone wants to extend that or write there own, use
QtopiaWhereAbouts class.

> 3) working alarm

I briefly looked into this, but could not find anything in Qtopia that
would mess up the alarm handling, as it works on other devices.

> 4) google contact sync
>   See http://qtextended.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=2
>
> 5) working "voice notes" recording (see my bugreport
> http://trac.karadog.net/qt-extended-improved/ticket/9, any hints on
> getting this fixed are much appreciated ...)

hint: probably need to add support for QAudioStates in the
mediarecorder. It had been on the qtopia bug list for sometime, but
got a lower priority than other things.