Data call (aka CSD) with QtExtended

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Fri Mar 20 17:37:07 CET 2009

Ed Kapitein wrote:

> I am also looking for a way to make data calls, do you know of any other
> method of making a data call with the FR?
> ( direct AT commands to the modem etc)[...]
> All pointers are welcome!

First you need to make sure that your GSM carrier supports CSD (mine
doesn't AFAIK) and that it is activated on your account.

In the past people have mentioned that the Calypso performs similarly to
an "Enfora Enabler" modem and there is some web-accessible documentation
for that. The "AT+CBST" (select bearer service type) command seems to be
involved.

There's probably some overlap between the CSD commands and the ones used
for GPRS so I would also look at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_GPRS