Bluetooth headsets to the resque (was: Re: Buzz Issues - Last Questions, I promise)

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 09:13:16 CET 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:18:42 +0300
Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, i can't answer to any of these questions, but i want to notify
> you and other community members that support for bluetooth headsets in
> FSO is coming and it will have neither buzz nor echo issues.

When testing my bluetooth headset in FSO, I had big problems with the
sound quality. I'll quite my own mail from the thread "Re: Problems
with ASoC and Bluetooth routing":

  Another (I guess unrelated) problem I have is that the sound through
  the headset is quite bad. I hear a faint echo of myself and the sound
  has a sharp "metallic" tone to it. My girlfriend in the other end also
  complained that the sound was so low that it was difficult to hear the
  conversation.

Perhaps it's possible to resolve these things with better ALSA state
files, but at least when I tried it, the sound was actually better
through the phone.

Anyway, the A2DP sound is quite good, so I suppose there is hope :-)

// Simon