Bluetooth headsets to the rescue

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Sat Mar 21 09:23:40 CET 2009

Simon Kagstrom <simon.kagstrom at> writes:
> Paul Fertser <fercerpav at> wrote:
>> Sorry, i can't answer to any of these questions, but i want to notify
>> you and other community members that support for bluetooth headsets in
>> FSO is coming and it will have neither buzz nor echo issues.
>   Another (I guess unrelated) problem I have is that the sound through
>   the headset is quite bad. I hear a faint echo of myself and the sound
>   has a sharp "metallic" tone to it. My girlfriend in the other end also
>   complained that the sound was so low that it was difficult to hear the
>   conversation.

Are you sure the echo of yourself is definetely bluetooth-related?
Because there're quite some cases in gsm communications where one can
hear echo of his voice, i had this myself numerous times using regular
dumb cell phone.

As to the low signal fed to calypso, well, just look at the sound
routing diagram and tweak mixer settings, i guess that's an easy one
to fix.

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at