Data call (aka CSD) with QtExtended

Tuan TRINH openmoko.vn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 13:15:38 CET 2009

Hi Ed,
My name is Tuan :-)

Thanks for your reply, but I still confuse on username/password portion,
what does it for? For connecting to operator's modem ?

I don't have any idea on how data calls are established end-to-end. Where
does ppp play its role? Do you have any doc or URL regarding it ?

I did the following commands but nothing happend:

ATE1
AT+CFUN=1
AT+CPIN="yyyy"
AT+COPS
AT+CBST=0,0,1
AT+CR=1
ATDxxxxxxxxxx

where yyyy is my PIN and xxxxxxxxxxx is another phone number. After last
command I also repeat some AT+CEER to check but it reports "no error" as:

AT+CEER
+CEER: 0,1,1,255,no error

With the first 4 ATs, I can make a voice call successfully.

Cordially,
Tuan