Accelerometer Data

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Mar 23 08:59:07 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 07:39:13PM -0700, Charles-Henri Gros wrote:
> Iain B. Findleton wrote:
> > I have been playing a bit with the accelerometers on the FR appear to
> > observe the following:
> >
> >    1) The time stamp on events appears to be unreliable, in the sense
> > that the time difference
> >        between sequential events is frequently negative, and appears
> > also to be have erratically
> >        by jumping an order of magnitude or 2 between sequentially
> > available events.
> >
> >    2) It also appears to be relatively common that a SYN arrives before
> > all 3 axis values are available,
> >        making it hard to figure out the meaning of the data
>
> I've seen that too; it seems that '0' readings are discarded.

What I did in omnewrotate was to discard packets with any coordinate '0',
and provide a flag to consider them, instead of discarding.

Also, a packet is x, y, z, sync. If it isn't this sequence, I discard
it.

Rui

--
All Hail Discordia!
Today is Boomtime, the 9th day of Discord in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?