Accelerometer Data

Michael Tansella michael-tansella at gmx.de
Mon Mar 23 09:36:54 CET 2009

> In the latest andy-tracking it reports the more correct 'ABS' events.
> So now it does report zeros.  However it doesn't report an axis if there
> has been no change.

Is it correct that there are now two changes for developers. The first one is
that the EVENT type has changed from EV_REL (0x02) to EV_ABS (0x03). This
would mean in the python sample code of the wiki the change would be:

from:

if type == 2:
	if code == 0:
		x = value
	if code == 1:
		y = value
	if code == 2:
		z = value

to:

if type == 3:
	if code == 0:
		x = value
	if code == 1:
		y = value
	if code == 2:
		z = value

The second change is that if no new (y,x, or z) value is reported the old one
should be taken.

>If you want to simply get "the current values"
> there is an ioctl : EVIOCGABS I think.

I think that is what most developers want. It would be great if someone could
show  a small sample code how this works.

Greets
Michael