Bluetooth headsets to the rescue

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:22:31 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 16:50, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
> making a call and simultaneously doing something with the phone requires a
> headset -- when a call comes in it is easy to plug in the wired headset
> and off you go.
> using bt means: enable bt, power on headset, connect, pray your partner
> has not hung up annoyed.
>
> having bt on always eats power and i don't like to walk around like a
> steiff's teddy bear with a button in my ear, looking like one of these
> "hey, i am important!" idiots.

Agreed.
I am loosing faith in ever having a really usable freerunner...
I am now less willing the effort to have the buzz rework done, for
only a partial result...

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 17:13, Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org> wrote:
> I agree. Anyway that's as good as it gets.
>
> You seen Paul's comment about using internal mic in conjunction with
> headphones/headset for GSM purposes?

Except in some cases, not really useful.
Usually not have the phone close to my mouth when I use the headset.
So internal mic would have to be over amplified, so quality going down
and ambiant sounds getting annoying.