Is "SIM Toolkit" possible to support on the freerunner?

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Wed Mar 25 14:13:00 CET 2009

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Technically, SIM toolkit support is possible with the Calypso.
>
> I have commented previously about this, so please look my older posts
> up; In a nutshell, STK is a heavy cross-layer spec, so adding it would
> need quit some thought.
>
> FSO will not work on it, but appreciate patches.

Is there hope of getting the necessary documentation for the gsm device
in the freerunner? With a license that doesn't stand in the way of
making a open-source app based on it?

STK itself seems to be documented on the net, but each gsm device seems
to do this differently. There is no standard on how to communicate STK
to/from a gsm device.

Helge Hafting