graphical nethack for freerunner (alpha version released)

Aapo Rantalainen aapo.rantalainen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 19:56:45 CET 2009

http://cc.oulu.fi/~rantalai/freerunner/nethack/
Warnign: Not yet playable!

At last I got inspiration to compile graphical Nethack for Freerunner.
It is actually gtk2-hack ported to maemo. So it has dependeries on
libosso and libhildon, but I got them compiled from OpenEmbedded.
Tested with OM2008.12.

Nethack-maemo is almost keyboardless. Nokia Internet Tablet has couple
of hw-buttons, so this is not yet playable, because Freerunner doesn't
have these buttons. And element-layout must be changed, maybe some
tuning of icons, font size etc. And there are two sets of graphics,
but I got only uglier to work.

So let me know if you are interested in play this game someday, or
even better if you want help me to get this happen (help on planning
is important as help on coding).

-Aapo Rantalainen