test result of battery current against display brightness and GPS power mode

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Fri Mar 27 01:56:26 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 05:21:59AM +0800, Qingyou Meng wrote:

>    To save power, we set display brightness to 0% by locking screen,
> but OS still consumes 95 mA, leaving at most ~10 hours battery life!

   You must have done something wrong. I frequently test power comsumption
and I get 54 mA on a fully charged battery, dropping slowly as the battery
discharges[1] and nearly 20 hours battery life.

   FWIW, I test with this command on a Debian installation:

sleep 120 && cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/{status,current_now,voltage_now,capacity}

[1] It's supposed to be the other way around - current increasing as the
battery discharges - but there's a current leak somewhere. It was down to 46
mA not too long ago with a kernel from the andy-tracking branch.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen