graphical nethack for freerunner (alpha version released)

giacomo "giotti" mariani giacomomariani at yahoo.it
Fri Mar 27 10:46:15 CET 2009

> http://cc.oulu.fi/~rantalai/freerunner/nethack/
> Warnign: Not yet playable!
>
> At last I got inspiration to compile graphical Nethack for Freerunner.
> It is actually gtk2-hack ported to maemo. So it has dependeries on
> libosso and libhildon, but I got them compiled from OpenEmbedded.
> Tested with OM2008.12.
>
> Nethack-maemo is almost keyboardless. Nokia Internet Tablet has couple
> of hw-buttons, so this is not yet playable, because Freerunner doesn't
> have these buttons. And element-layout must be changed, maybe some
> tuning of icons, font size etc. And there are two sets of graphics,
> but I got only uglier to work.
>
> So let me know if you are interested in play this game someday, or
> even better if you want help me to get this happen (help on planning
> is important as help on coding).
>
> -Aapo Rantalainen

Hi Aapo,
You are making me very happy! I'm waiting for xnethack since a long
time, I like nethack!
Of course I will play/test it...but I'm not a programmer so I can't help
you in porting it, I'm sorry.

Cheers
Giacomo

--
/_\ The ASCII                Per comunicare in modo riservato:
\_/ Ribbon Campaign         gpg --keyserver  pool.sks-keyservers.net \