FW: wifi mp3 and qwerty?

flecktor nahumba at cs.bgu.ac.il
Fri Mar 27 19:50:45 CET 2009

hello people,

i just bought my new openmoko, and for two weeks im trying to install things on it.
i need some pointers if you could please provide me with:

1)a few days ago i flashed the moko with om 2008.12

i dont know how to find out what version is now installed.

2)
after the flash the option of wifi was removed from the setting
section, now i cannot connect to wifi, anyrecommanded wifi package? or
how do i restore the wifi to the setting menu.

3) after the
installtion of mediaplayer1 i copyied files, and when trying to run the
files i recive 3 popup error messages saying:
a. gstreamer error:
interna data flow error."

b.gstream error:
you do not have a decoder installed to handle this file. You might need to install the necessar y plugins

c."gstreamer error:
A MPEG-1 Layer 3
(MP#) decoder plugin
is required to play
this stream. but not
installed."

now i found an old mail some one saying they had a simelar  problem at :
http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td2171492

tried all the pagackes listed there (gst-plugin* ,libmad0*)

none worked and i think i overloaded the packages (more then one package per pluging was installed).

4) could you please point out how to make a small qwerty icon to make the qwerty keyboad pop-up?

thank you in advance,
d flecktor out.
Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.